Sunday, October 17, 2010

He married me anyway

On Friday, I decided that my son's room needed painting. We only just painted it 2 1/2 years ago when we moved in. But we did it in a hurry, with less than stellar attention to detail. And, we failed to look UP.

It was one night last week that I was lying in bed with my son, and I was looking up. I noticed that the ceiling was, gulp, yellow. And brown. And GROSS. The previous owners of our home smoked once upon a time. And his room was the "sewing room" - so she spent a lot of time in there.

We painted our front room ceilings. But this was bad. So Saturday morning, I strapped on my painting clothes, took motrin and got to work. My husband thought I was crazy for painting a room that we JUST painted a few years ago, when there are other rooms that need a FIRST coat of paint. But it bothered me. And that's all the reason I needed to do it.

He knew who I was and he married me anyway.

Next up, the main bath. It's not hideous. It's just not...ME. Need Christmas ideas for me? Lowe's gift cards are always appreciated.

No comments: