Monday, October 18, 2010

Serendipitous

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...oh wait, wrong movie.

Have you seen that movie, "Serendipity," with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, where they meet over a book, and she writes her name and number in the book and says if he finds the book again one day, it was meant to be that they be together?

I won't ruin the movie for you...BUT, I had one of these stories this weekend.

My son had this little adorable fleece coat when he was a baby. Because of the seasonal difference between he and my nephew (who is actually older), we gave Eric the coat. After he outgrew it, my sister gave it to a friend for her son, Calen. Saturday, at a garage sale at my sister's friend's house, I saw the little coat. It still had "CN" on the tag. It had come full circle, back to me! I snagged it up and brought it home. When I showed it to my husband, he immediately remembered it too. "Where you'd get that?!" he asked. Funny how things work out. I remember taking our son to a friend's house to see her baby goats in this little coat. I even have pictures of the day (remember, Jane?).

In other news, I've been absorbing all of the stress of several people in my family. I guess they think I look more like a sponge than a person some days. I'm glad I can be there to listen. I'm thankful that when it's their turn, they also listen. But absorbing their stress and drama means I get more stressed. I then work out harder and longer and more often to release my stress. Doing so makes me hurt more, and I see my chiropractor more often, which costs me more money.

So I've decided that people should just pay my chiropractor to listen to their problems. Sounds like a reasonable solution, right?! lol

No comments: