Those of you who know me well, know that my worst fear is being restrained. I cannot handle being pinned down by force - whether a person or ANYTHING. I don't like being blocked, trapped, or even people just standing in front of me, blocking my path.Last night, something happened - a threshold was crossed. I defended myself and won. My husband and I were just playfully wrestling (get your mind out of the gutter), and I pinned him. Remember that scene from "Lion King" when Nala pinned Simba? She said "Pinned ya!"
THAT WAS ME!!!
For the first time in my LIFE, my strength was enough to BEAT my over 6 foot, over 200 pound husband. I was able to restrain him and hold him down, and he was honestly rendered defenseless. He said "Wow, you are freakishly strong now." My kids looked at us and were speechless. My son just said, "Wow, mom, you actually beat him!"
That was the best compliment anyone has ever given me. Strength training and kickboxing have finally given me the muscle mass, strength AND self-confidence to defend myself. Not that I have to defend myself against my husband - but he was a good test - I think if in a scary situation, I'd have a chance. That's a pretty awesome feeling. No woman should be without the know-how and strength to defend herself. Hopefully now, I'm one less statistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment