
The other day, my husband was wearing a shirt that said "I love BOOBS" (it was for breast cancer awareness). When our son saw this shirt, he asked why daddy would wear that! We started explaining about breast cancer - he was familiar with "cancer" as a term because my dad has bone marrow cancer - but it had never occurred to him that you could get cancer THERE!
I was telling him about a friend of mine who had to have her breasts removed because she had cancer in them. The look on his face was alarm & panic, and you could tell he was upset.
"They come OFF?!" he shouted.
OMG. It was the most hilarious moment this child has allowed me in a long time. This then started a conversation about breasts, and why women have them - we started talking about breast feeding.
"You can EAT from them?!" the panic continued. "Did I eat from them? Whoa, weird!"
I told them that he did, in fact, eat/drink the milk from them. "And there was enough left for my sister?!"
Yep.
Then, "So why do you still have them? You can't have more babies. Why didn't they take them off when they took out your baby parts, if they are baby parts too?!"
That was enough for one conversation. I think he still might be a LITTLE young to talk about the birds and the bees. But if talking about that is as hilarious as this was, it won't be so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment