Thursday, October 14, 2010

My beautiful girl

My daughter gets more beautiful every single day.

Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch with her class and riding in the car with her and her friends, we heard interaction we don't always get to be part of. She's definitely an alpha female. The children follow her lead, her instruction, and physically, well they actually FOLLOW her. She's a head above most of the rest of them thanks to her September birthday.

But she's not bossy. And she's not condescending. She's a beautiful little girl inside and out, and I couldn't be more proud of her. You can only hope that your children are a reflection of God, through you, but I see it in this little one. Someday I'm sure she'll give us fits, nightmares and anxiety attacks, but today, I'm squishing her squishable little cheeks and marveling in her as a person: a beautiful child of God.

No comments: