I don't really "do" New Year's resolutions. My friend Amy has a good theory about resolutions. My husband does too. He believes that you should find the one thing in your life that causes you the most anxiety, or is the WORST thing in your life, and get rid of it. For him, it's his job. His goal this year is to find one that he doesn't dread going to every day.
But here are some of the hopes I have for this new year.
*Support my husband in his quest to find a job that fulfills, rather than depletes him.
*Maintain my workout regimen, continuing to strengthen, improve cardio and maybe even lose a few pounds. Once again, the goal is to stay the same...but a few would be ok. (this is carried over from last year, and I did great, so why mess with a good thing?!)
*Stop having CONSTANT pain in my shoulder. Does this mean surgery? Probably, but that's ok. If it takes the pain away, I'm game. My hope is for easy recovery.
*See my son's health improve, have fewer infections and hospital stays. And NO surgeries. This will be a goal every year, until it doesn't have to be anymore.
*Take a trip with my husband. We made this a priority in 2010, and we still don't go a single day without it coming up. We HAVE to make this a priority again. We loved it. We fed from it. We needed it. We will need it again. Plus, I gained about a bazillion confidence points in my two-piece swimming suit, lol!
*Grow the business that I'm freelancing for. It's a cause I believe in, it's an easy way to use my skills to better my community, and I have great colleagues in the venture (including my hubby).
*Find a "thing" for my daughter, other than dance. Piano? A sport? A craft? She wants a hobby so desperately.
*Get together with some of my family that came to our reunion. They were just awesome. I love them. I love that they are an extension of my grandfather, and I can't imagine going a whole year without seeing any of them.
*Spend more time in the Word. Again, this will always be a hope.
*See my son continue to excel at golf. He LOVES it. He's good at it. I am so proud of him.
*My husband will tell you this is "No home project year" - but in secret, I hope to paint the kitchen/dining...OR at least get new chairs for our table to spruce up this room.
*Consider a new dog to join our family...I won't say my hope is to GET one. But I think I'll be ready to THINK about it.
*Get together with friends more often. This shouldn't be too hard...more often is more than NEVER, which is what it feels like now.
Here's to a fabulous 2011. Enjoy the ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment