From my Jan. 2, 2010 blog entry:
"Hopes for 2010"
--Did great on this one. Even became a certified kickboxing instructor! I lost another size, 10 pounds and have muscle in places I didn't even know could HAVE muscle. I'm in the best shape of my life and LOVE it (despite the torn rotator cuff that needs surgery later this month).
* See my son's health improve and have fewer infections and hospital stays.
--Insurance drama-rama, aka "The great insurance debacle of 2010." Compared to previous years, I'd venture a guess that he did have fewer hospital stays....although he did have two long ones, including an emergency appendectomy. But overall, I'd say he's doing well and FINALLY gaining weight!
* See my son re-engage in golf when the weather warms up.
--He played golf ALL summer long and was amazing. He also played baseball, and this winter, started basketball!
* Redecorate our master bedroom. Get rid of the WALLpaper. Bleagh.
--CHECK!! It looks awesome. I LOVE it!
* Streamline our medical bills, thanks to changing over to my work insurance.
--This will never happen. We are insurance's worst nightmare. They hate us. We hate them.
* Get through tax season without crying.
--No tears. Some sighing.
* Take a weekend trip with just my husband, belatedly celebrating our 10th anniversary.
--CHECK!! We went to LAS VEGAS for a 3-day trip and it was FABULOUS!! Can't wait to go again!
* Spend more time in The Word.
--Not as much as I should, or wanted to. But I did pretty well, thanks mostly in part to my great Sunday School class.
Here's some more highlights:
*We traded in our Honda Pilot on the more "economical" Honda Accord, and paid off our Chevy Malibu.
*My cousin had a baby! Little Sawyer is so precious.
*We had an awesome family reunion and reconnected with dozens of awesome family members!
*My grandma fell and broke her leg and spent 6 weeks rehabing in the nursing home, but she went home and is doing so great. She's superwoman.
*I lost a dear friend from high school to a sudden, untimely death. It brought so many people from my past back together, and we are staying in touch.
*Cale turned 8, Elena turned 5. I can't stand it!
*We went on two little family trips - to Wichita and KC - we learned you don't have to go far, spend a lot or plan much for the kids to have a GREAT time
*I taught my dog, Emma, to do a trick. Unfortunately, we also lost Emma last week to her 10-year battle with epilepsy. I still can't say her name without falling apart.
Overall, a pretty good year. Kind of a roller coaster, but we're used to that. Tomorrow...hopes for 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment