Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Man Can Speak

Love him, or hate him, you have to admit the President can give a speech. And he doesn't even use his notes. That's a gift, people.

Here are a few things that stuck like glue.

"Everyday, Americans sacrifice to live within their means. They deserve a government who does the same."

"Kids should be taught not just to celebrate the winners of the Super Bowl, but the winners of the Science Fair."

"Education starts at home, not in the classroom. It is the responsibility of PARENTS to turn off the TV and help kids with their homework."

"From this day forward, no one will be prevented from serving the country they love because of who they love."

I won't say that I'm an Obama-supporter. But I'm not an Obama-hater. I think if anyone else was in that Oval Office, they'd have just as many people either loving or hating them too. That's why we call it a democracy. I'm not going to go into politics. BUT, yes, he can give a speech. As an English graduate, I can deeply appreciate that.

No comments: