For those of you who aren't friends with me on Facebook, what's your problem?! I'm kidding. I think all three of you are (lol). But in case random person stumbles upon my blog, I wouldn't want to hinder them from meeting SHELBY!!
Why'd we name her Shelby, you ask? Couple reasons.
1. Clark Kent (Superman)'s dog is "Krypto" in his "super" form. But in his "dog" form, his name is "Shelby." And of course, we fully anticipate our dog will be super. We might even get her a cape.
2. The book, "A dog's purpose" that I read recently had several chapters covering one of the dog's lives where she was a golden retriever named Shelby. She had a boy whom she adored and gave him many years of happiness. It stuck.
Now, here's a few other nicknames that she's already earned:
Shel-bee-doo-bee-doo! (said the way Shaggy says it to Scooby).
Shelbster
Shelby-Lou
Shelbmeister
But really, she's just my puppy. She's soft, she smells good, she loves me (and everyone) and she just fills my heart with smiles! We adopted her on the 10th anniversary of Emma's adoption, 1/20. She's already mending our hearts.

No comments:
Post a Comment