
My children have seen too many romantic comedies (yes, you can blame me for that). When it is bathtime, there is none of this “hurry and wash, let’s get ‘er done” stuff. When their turn comes, they want the lights dimmed, candles (or a Scentsy plug in), bubbles or bath salts, an eye mask and music (I hope they've moved out before they are of age to ask for a class of wine, too!).
Ok, you’re laughing. But before you fall off your chair, think about it.
We as adults long for the opportunity for an interrupted bath (or even a shower) where we can wash away the cares of our day in quiet, stillness and peace - at least I do. Why should we expect less of our children? Should their bathtime be frantic and fussy? Nope. So I schedule it in to the evenings – like I do everything (schedule it, or list it) – and they have some time to defrag. And it gives me a little one on one time with the other, to read to them, watch a show, color, do homework….and it leaves all of us feeling perfectly pampered.
No comments:
Post a Comment