Monday, August 22, 2011

Roller Coaster of Life

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. I feel like I'm on a non-stop roller coaster. And I hate roller coasters because they make me sick and hurt my back. Yet I love them for the thrill. Such a double edged sword!

Let's start with the downs, shall we? Get them out of the way.

~ We visited some friends in Kansas City this weekend. They introduced us about 13 years ago - they are pretty smart. ;) She, at 38, has been fighting a malignant brain tumor for about 2 years. He has been her rock. He is facing serious, possibly life-threatening health issues now, as well. They have four children under 12. It's heart breaking. The photo below was taken about a month ago, when they were here visiting. She's next to me in the pink. He's second from right in the back row.

~ My dad, well, he has cancer. I just have to say it out loud once in a while to remind myself. Especially when I see him struggle for air. See him struggle for strength. See him struggle to decide whether or not he'll take the next round of chemo or just let nature do its thing. He said to me the other day, "You girls are grown. It's not like I'm young. I've done ok." Just shoot me.

~ My son has been sick. BUT there's an up to this, too. He wasn't "hospital sick" (his words). He recovered. We were ecstatic. Only it's made him a little paranoid going back to school, when germs will be flying around again. He loves summer because he's well.

The ups....

~ We attended a Beachbody team training in Kansas City this weekend. What a RUSH to be around fellow coaches and friends, with a common vision, a common goal - to help end the trend of obesity and help people lead healthy, fulfilling lives. So many people were there, in fact, that Craig Holiday and then Tony Horton will be attending the next trainings. Here's a photo of us
Success Club members - there were about 75 of us total there! (I'm third from the right with the dorky nametag on).

~ My husband was selected as a part of the "Elite 8" in his ENTIRE company to produce a new life-saving drug. A whole new section of the plant is being built and these 8 were hand picked for their ability to be competent, trust-worthy producers of this drug. It's pretty awesome.

~ Something big is in the works in my household. Not run of the mill. BIG, I tell you. It's only in the infancy stages right now. But when it matures, oh BOY, will be be life-changing. ;) Baby steps. *Don't you like all the baby-hints?? No, I'm not pregnant (THAT would be a miracle). And, we're not adopting. I just like to tease with my verbiage. lol But in order for it to go from teeny, tiny to BIG will take a lot of prayers. So if you want to pray for this nondescript miracle, that'd be great. ;)

~School starts Wednesday. We have a kindergartner and a 4th grader. How does that happen so fast? I love these little papooses so much I could SCREAM. I just LOVE them. And I love the silly, mature, good-choice-making, giggly members of society they are becoming, one little step at a time. And I love their daddy, who has proven that hard work really does pay off.

So yeah, it's a roller coaster. But I have a lot of awesome people in it with me. So I might scream. I might throw my hands up in the air. But in the end, what doesn't kill me will only make me...nauseous? Something like that.

No comments: