Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog-Worthy

I haven't been feeling very blog-worthy lately. Things happen - some funny, some cute, some sad - but I don't know what to write because I'm kind of at a point these days because I'm not sure what is and isn't relevant on any kind of scale. For example:

  • People all around us are having job scares - pink slips, lay offs, shut downs, etc. We felt blessed to have jobs that we were secure in. But then it became too real. My husband has a "threat-level meeting" at work today.
  • I have been trying to recover from my surgery...still. It's taken much more patience and effort than I realized to feel "normal" again. And I have been whining. Then one of our dear friends with brain cancer who is a 34-year old mother of 4 began having seizures following a chemo treatment. Her husband, who played match maker to my husband and I, is falling to pieces in front of our eyes.
  • I have been dealing with the emotional side of not having more children - then a friend of a friend lost her baby shortly after his birth due to an unexpected complication. Even though I didn't really know the family personally, I mourned the death of that baby, and felt the pangs of hurt by his mother.
  • I have been struggling to maintain my own weight-watchers lifestyle while also mentoring several other people. I have maintained my weight - my students have lost from 5-20 pounds each. Huh?
  • Every weekend from now through May is full. I could tell you each and every detail - but I'm not sure you care!
  • I love my job. I could write dozens of blogs on how it feels to have a job where the people like you (genuinely), you get along, you enjoy going to work, you get a decent salary, you have a flexible schedule and you feel job security. But I'm not sure other people want to hear it!
  • I'm playing BUNCO at my house Friday night - and I'm scared of what the girls will say about my horrid wallpaper, falling apart house exterior and I pray they don't break an ankle in the ruts of my driveway.

See - it's hard knowing what to say. For me as a writer to seperate need to know and want to know is hard these days. And I never really get any feedback or comments, so I'm not sure anyone even reads this to begin with! But that's ok, because life is crazy, I get that. But until I can sort out my brain, this post is as good as it gets...for now.

3 comments:

A Busy Mom's life said...

I read it! I'm with you, my blog has suffered due to facebook. Our Bunco gals are great. They'll love the house! Trust me!

Christi said...

LOL, Facebook makes my blog suffer too :) I read, and I totally understand about the house. Don't worry, it's not as bad as you imagine it to be. Except the horses. Those are really bad.

Rhonda said...

It's all blog worthy! :) Your writing style could make pretty much anything interesting to read!