Friday, March 13, 2009

High On the Hog

I've really been missing my grandpa lately. He never met our daughter, and I just know he would have gotten the biggest kick out of her. He also didn't get to see my cousin graduate from nursing school or meet my other cousin's fiance. He won't see her get married in a few weeks. But the memories I have of him are strong. One of these memories is when I'd brag about something, he'd say, "Well aren't you just high on the hog?!"

So if he knew what I did for a living now, he'd really be giving me the "high on the hog" punch in the shoulder. Here are some of the things I was up to at work this week:
  • I made origami cranes and baskets.
  • I played Wii tennis and bowling.
  • I went to Mokas for coffee "meetings" twice.
  • I held a 7 month old baby on my lap while I worked.
  • I went to storytime with my daughter.
  • My boss, colleague and I tagged each other on Facebook notes.

Yep, I work at a carnival.

Seriously, where I work, they believe that as long as you are being productive and meeting your goals, there is no reason why the environment can't be laid back, fun and entertaining. Not only do I enjoy the atmosphere, but I am using my degree, am respected and appreciated and don't even care that I make less now than I did when I graduated from college - because today is Friday, and I'm home with my daughter and husband for the day.

Now, ain't that living High on the Hog?!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

It sounds great! Hope your weekend was fun.