Friday, January 8, 2010

"NOT ME!"

Does anyone remember the "not me" ghost from the comic "Family Circus?" When the kids would do something bad and mom would ask who did it, they'd say "NOT ME" and a little ghost named "not me" would be lurking in the background.

Now that you're caught up....today I went into my fiery red-head, 4 year old daughter's room (after having a lengthy conversation with my best friend about how to keep your kids motivated to keep their rooms clean) to find her bed soaked. It was the middle of the day. I asked why her bed was covered in liquid. "It wasn't me!" she said.

"Ok, then who did it? Your brother and I have been watching a movie and you were the only one in here."

"My horse did it." I look over to find her stuffed horse, dressed in a dress and two sets of cabbage patch shoes ("Malto" the horse has 4 feet you know) and a bowl next to her.

"What was in that bowl?" I ask. "Water I hope."

"No. It was puke. She has the stomach flu."

Well, it was water. Water soaked clear down through her bedspread, sheets, matress pad and all. I'm pretty sure the horse had "puked" about a gallon.

I was angry. Yes yes, I know it was "Imaginative play" but still, I hurt my back this morning and was angry to have to strip her bed. "Why did you do this? Why didn't you tell me sooner? Why? Why? Why?"

"Mommy, I didn't do it. Malto did. It wasn't me!"

SIGH.

No comments: