I was writing my New Year's letter to send out the other day. I've given up on Christmas cards/letters; there's just too much other stuff to do. And man, what a year it's been.
Here's a snapshot:
* I had a complete hysterectomy. It SUCKED. It's made my life livable again. I feel amazing.
* I started a strict workout routine to get my split-open abs back in shape. I LOVE it.
* My mom had a second complete hip replacement and for the first time in 6 years walks unaided.
* I completed year one at an amazing job with amazing people. I am so blessed there.
* My son was diagnosed with a b-cell and dual-antibody deficiency and has to take monthly infusion treatments. A new kind of "normal" has taken over our household.
* My dad retired after 27 years at the school system. He already has a new part-time job.
* My grandma was outfitted with a pacemaker and my sister in law with a defibrillator.
* My nephew returned from his first tour in Iraq with the USAF.
* My baby cousin got married; every member of our family was involved.
* We declared bankruptcy. Tough one. The medical bills were insane. It didn't end me.
* The exterior of our home and garage, and our front room got all new paint. We also got travertine flooring (courtesy of my dad's retirement bonus) in our kitchen and dining room.
*Our son played golf and LOVED it and is great at it. Our daughter started preschool and ballet.
* We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.
WHEW. Now, here are some hopes for 2010.
* Maintain the workout regimen, contuining to strengthen, improve cardio and lose a few pounds (the goal is to stay the same. I'm pretty content. But a few would be ok.)
* See my son's health improve and have fewer infections and hospital stays.
* See my son re-engage in golf when the weather warms up.
* Redecorate our master bedroom. Get rid of the WALLpaper. Bleagh.
* Streamline our medical bills, thanks to changing over to my work insurance.
* Get through tax season without crying.
* Take a weekend trip with just my husband, belatedly celebrating our 10th anniversary.
* Spend more time in The Word.
I'll stop there. I don't want to overdo myself!! Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment