The other day at our son's post-infusion doctor appointment, doc asked if we had anything fun planned for the summer. The kids started rattling off things we had planned: baseball, golf, swimming, summer reading at the library, Cale's birthday....and then "and we're going to the lake on vacation!"
After 4 years of being deprived of a trip, we'd decided to take our chances and head to my uncle's cabin at TableRock Lake.
Turns out doc didn't like our chances - or our odds.
He just looked at me. I knew what he was thinking, but I let him speak anyway.
"I'm not comfortable with that," he started. "Better stick closer to home. Away from lake water and ticks. Let's not invite trouble, especially on the downswing of the infusion cycle."
Sigh.
So here's the new, cleaner, safer, closer to home plan:
The zoo. The NEW zoo. The zoo where you can PET THE ANIMALS (and I don't mean the sheep. I mean the lemurs, the giraffes, the kangaroos!)
The Hyatt. That's about as anti-lake as you can get. Can we say two swimming pools and two hot tubs? Say it with me...ROOM SERVICE.
Toy Story 3 - IN A MOVIE THEATER. This goes against the rules, too. Movie theaters aren't allowed. But if we can't go to the lake, I'll take my chances in a movie theater. A nice one at that. With reclining seats.
And then we'll be taking in a few of our fave places to eat...Red Robin, Marble Slab, Starbucks, and Olive Garden.
Staying closer to home is looking up.
No comments:
Post a Comment