This weekend we are headed off for vacation! But don't blink or you'll miss us being gone.
Yeah, that's right. An overnight vacation. And you know what? I'm STILL super excited. You should hear the kids. They're already picking out clothes to take, what movies they'll watch in the car, which swimming suit(s) to pack, travel bags for the car...
We're going 3 hours east. For one night.
But we're an easily entertained family. Some people go on awesome week-long trips. And then they post beautiful pictures about it on facebook and being a glutton, I go ahead and look. I know it'll make me upset, but I look anyway. I guess it's my way of living vicariously.
But I'll take my one night. It's enough time to eat at a few fun places, swim, go to a museum, go to a movie and just be away. It's close enough that if our son needs medical attention, we can get it lickety-split. It's far enough away that my kids find it adventurous.
In July, we'll be heading back for a baseball game overnighter. And we're looking forward to that too. Then maybe, just MAYBE, my hubby and I will sneak away for a weekend to celebrate our 11th anniversary (we had plans for our 10th, but you know how that ended up, sigh.)
Do I wish for a long, awesome trip somewhere I've never been? Of course. Am I happy to be going on an overnighter? Absolutely.
It's the little things in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment