Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Energy Vampires

Do have people in your life who feed off of your energy, motivation and sincerity? They are referred to as "energy vampires." They suck it all out of you for their own benefit, leaving you lifeless, weak and drained. They drain your spirit while sucking out all of your positive energy.

Some research on this led me to this quote: "You know you've spent time with an energy vampire when you leave feeling depressed, exhausted, or sad. Energy vampires drain your positive energy for their own use. Energy vampires leave you feeling empty and sluggish."

Oh, maybe that explains The Blahs.

I've had several of these people in my life over the years, they will of course remain nameless. But as I'm getting older, I think their presence bothers me more. I'm hurt deeper, scarred longer and weakened more by their bite than I used to be.

And what bothers me the MOST about these energy vampires, is that they typically have a better life than me - at least on the outside. They have less to stress about, fewer people and responsibilities fighting for their time, energy and resources, more money and more fun - yet they drain it all from me. And because I don't bite back, they get away with it.

So it's time for me to find people who bring unexpected lightness and comfort to my life. I need people who crackle with energy, and who will practically electrify me with their presence.

I have some of these already. You're probably one of them. Thank you.

No comments: