Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bring it on, Bee.

Bees have nothing on this hive.


This is what ONE hive on the back of my son looks like. Take it times 95, and you'll have an idea how he spent his day yesterday. 95 skin pricks on the back, followed by 35 shots in one arm...


And 15 in another arm. As anticipated, he has allergies. What we DIDN'T anticipate, is that he is allergic to God's entire creation. His face says it all...


Three hours of this, and when we were done, he wanted to go to Freddy's for lunch and then I said "the afternoon is yours, what would you like to do?" He said, "Let's go check on great grandma."


Could this child be any more loveable?

We start allergy shots, with an added immunity booster in them, next week. We're hoping that the b-cells will respond, thus decreasing his inflammation and allow the allergy shots to build him up enough to get through the fall/winter without significant infection/hospitalization. It's also a way to appease our insurance-nazis and say "Hey, we tried another route, we're willing to bend" - but if it DOESN'T work, you can be sure I will hold it against them.

All in all, the day was pretty sucky. But when it was all said and done and he was tucked safely in bed, I looked back on the day and thought about spending the day with him, tears on my shoulder, him gripping my hand tight and despite the physical pain he suffered and the mental pain I suffered - it was a day we shared together. And for that, I feel blessed.

No comments: