Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The 100/0 Principle

A friend of mine recently shared with me the 100/0 Principle.

This has given me a lot of insight - but also a lot of grief the last week or so since I read it. Grief, because there is someone in my life with whom I am the 100 in the relationship and they are the 0. And no matter how much I try, how much I give - that person NEVER moves from their spot on "O." And they are turning into one of my Energy Vampires.

How long do you continue giving 100%, if the other person always gives 0%? If it's someone you love, you just keep doing it. Although "Insanity" is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. One would think I'd give up, right?

Yet something in me just won't. Call me crazy.

Are you giving the people in your life 100%? Are you giving YOURSELF 100%? Your job? Your family? Your spouse? They deserve it, and so you do. Imagine what the world would look and feel like if everyone gave 100%.

No comments: