You know that saying "Curiosity killed the cat," right? Well, it's a good thing my son isn't a cat. He'd be dead as a doornail.
This morning, as he ate his breakfast, he noticed my bedroom door was closed.
"Who's in there? Elena?"
"Yes," I replied.
"Why is she in there? Did she wake up during the night again?"
"No, she woke up when daddy kissed her goodbye, so she came and got in bed with me."
"Was this at 4?"
"No, 5. He gets up at 4, leaves at 5."
"If he doesn't have to clock in until 6, why does he leave at 5? It doesn't take an hour to get there."
"I guess he likes to have extra time in case something happens."
"Like when he hit the deer? Was that expensive to fix the car? Why did we keep the car when it was wrecked. Couldn't we have gotten a new car?"
I walked away for a minute, hoping he'd get interested in his breakfast, and less interested in asking questions.
It didn't work.
"So, back to this sleeping child," he continued, "why can't you make her stay in her bed? You don't let me come to bed with you."
"You're getting too big to just come to bed with us, and she didn't sleep there all night, just for an hour before I got up, and you did the same thing when you were little."
"But she's bigger than I was, so technically, it's not as good of an arrangement."
Ok, you're probably pulling your hair out reading this, so I stop there. Let's just say, no one is ever at a loss for words when my son is in the room. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment