These are my lovely cousins, Jenny (L) and Sarah (Preggers). Yesterday, I traveled to Lawrence for Sarah's first baby shower, to lavish her and her baby boy with gifts.This baby could not be coming at a better time. My grandma has something amazing to look forward to - and the baby is due within days of her 88th birthday. She is overjoyed.
Jenny, Sarah and I grew up practically as sisters, who just happened to live a few hours away from each other. My sister, Patsy, is nearly seven years older than me, making her 11 years older than Sarah and 15 years older than Jenny - so for her, this sub-set of girlie girls just didn't click. And that's ok. Because she's still MY sister. But these girls, well, they are the little sisters I never had.
I cannot wait to hold and love this little boy. I've grieved the fact that I can't have any more of my own children for nearly three years. And as I feel her baby move, and see all of her adorable gifts, and the joy on her and her husband's faces, I feel complete. I don't need another child of my own, I really do feel done. Now it's their turn to shine - and loving on this little baby will just bring me unthinkable joy.
In two weeks, we'll gather at my house for another shower - with her family from all sides (her mom's, her dad's - my family - and her husband's family) as we prepare her for the arrival of this little miracle. Every baby is a blessing and should be celebrated to the fullest. Can you imagine all of the thought and detail God has put into this child - every hair, every blood vessel, every single heartbeat.
Our God is an awesome God!
No comments:
Post a Comment