I was driving down the road the other day, just listening to my new Sanctus Real CD (awesome). Then, I hear a voice and the music is gone.
"Hello, this is Lori at on-star, is everything ok?
"Um, yes I think so. Why?"
"Your on-star button was engaged, are you ok, Ma'am?"
"Yes. I didn't engage my on-star button though. I'm just driving listening to music. Everything is fine."
"Oh, we apologize for the error. Please remember we're here when you need us. Have a great day."
Then the music is back. It is so freaky to hear someone talking to you - and they KNOW where you are - in your car. If I ever am in trouble, I won't remember to press that darned button. But just knowing they're watching my every move makes me feel better. I think. In a 1984 Big Brother sort of way.
No comments:
Post a Comment