Last night, we dove in again. We got an email special for Vegas, and we just couldn't say no. It helps that we brought home half our spending money from sin city last year and have been adding to it...so it's paid for already.
I was looking back at my blog from last year when we announced our Vegas trip. Like last year, I can't even BEGIN to explain my excitement. And, ok, my anxiety. (those words are so much alike - excite, anxiety - weird).
Remember my anxiety list from last year? Well, I'm over most of them (except the kids getting sick/hurt one...that's a constant). This year I have a whole new list:
*The hotel we stayed at last year was A.MA.ZING. We said if we ever went back, hands down, we'd stay there again. Guess what? We're not staying there. It wasn't one of the specials. Shoot. So we were forced into this decision of where to stay. We went through EVERY SINGLE HOTEL on the strip last year. We remember things we liked and disliked - BUT, we also only scratched the tippy tip of the surface in them. You only see the shops and casino - not the rooms, pools, etc.
*We ultimately chose Mandalay. THEhotel at Mandalay. It's at the far end of the strip, rather than in the middle, like our Palazzo, Bellagio, Caesars. BUT...Bellagio is super ritzy, and PACKED. Caesars is like too much icing on the cake. My brother in law stayed at the Wynn, so we know about it. So, let's try THEhotel. A friend of mine was married at Mandalay and highly recommends it. I hope for her sake she's right. :)
* What if THEhotel's pools aren't all they are raved for? It has a beach, wave pool, lazy river plus three MORE pools to enjoy. That was at the top of our list of things for our return trip - MUST spend more time laying at the pool drinking frilly umbrella drinks. But what if it's super crowded, and not relaxing? What if kids overrun it?
*This hotel included two show tickets. Great, right? Here's the anxiety. Now we have to decide which show...(they only give us 8 choices. AACK!). What if we pick one and wish we'd chosen the other one? Last year, Phantom was a GIVEN. We knew if we went ONE TIME, that was THE show we'd see. Now what? Here are the choices: HELP! "KA," "LOVE" or "ELVIS" Cirque de Soleiel shows; "Lion King," "Terry Fator LIVE," or "Criss Angel: Believe." We're leaning towards Ka or Terry Fator. AACK!
*We're going Tues-Sat. instead of Thurs-Sunday. Extra day (Sweet), but different time of week. Better? Worse? I hear better. And we're going in May versus August. It hovered around 110-115 in August. We hear 90-95 in May. Thumbs up, I hope.
Once we get there, we're gold. The weeks leading up to it give me anxiety. Did I mention that word? Anxiety? Because we want it to be AWESOME. We want to HAVE FUN. We want to not have bad experiences and taint our pristine record (1 for 1). Last year, minus ONE meal was perfect. PERFECT. That's a pretty high standard to live up to.
You know what my husband says? "Stop thinking."
Men.
Oh jeez, I'm going to need a new pair of shoes, a new 2-pc swimming suit and a few new tops.
10 weeks to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment