Every day is a mad house at our house. If you have a dog, you understand. If you have a spouse, you understand a bit more. Throw in a kid, or two, or seven and you REALLY know what I mean.
But Wednesdays. Well, they are a different beast. If I get through Wednesdays with my smile still on my face and able to crawl into bed without a bottle of ibuprofen, I have succeeded.
Here's a glimpse:
PM, night before
Lay out dance clothes, shoes, over-clothes, bun kit
Lay out school bag with show and tell and letter snack of the week
Look through son's take-home folder, sign, spelling test prep
Make sure "pacer" clothes are clean and ready
Make sure epi-pen is ready for allergy shots
AM
Fix daughter's hair in bun
Dress her in dance clothes, over-clothes, make sure shoes & tuition are in bag
Make sure tuition is still in backpack (first Wednesday)
Make sure Cale gets his allergy medication
While I'm at work
Weekly staff meeting at 8
Elena has to get to/from dance (daddy or grandma). She gets done at 11:30, and has to get back home, change into school clothes, eat lunch, get to school by 12:25
Cale has spelling test, pacer laps in PE
Networking luncheon 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at local establishment
Pick Elena up at 3, Cale up at 3:45, be to clinic for shots by 4
Cale has allergy shots at 4 - wait 30 minutes for possible reaction
After work
Make and serve dinner between 5-6:10
Bell practice 6:30-7:45 (20 minute drive each way)
Prepare Thursday kickboxing class
Fall into bed, still dressed, usually without supper
Say a prayer for me. And I for you - because I know, I KNOW how hard you also work to get through each and every day. I'm here for ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment