Wednesday, July 31, 2013

When it Rains, it Pours

Literally.  There was major flooding this week in my college town of Lindsborg -- 124 homes flooded, $2.5 million in damage.  It's just heartbreaking.  I have homeless friends--I never thought I'd say that.

Speaking of flooding, our dining room flooded this week, too.  Our laundry room (on second level) had a pipe decide to burst, water filled the wall/floor and it escaped from our dining room ceiling in the form of a giant hole. So....new pipes, ceiling, wall, chandelier (on our homeowner's dime, thankfully.  God bless leasing). Good times.

On top of THAT, my husband didn't get a promotion we thought he would.

And my grandma had a stroke today.

Not a banner week.  But I'm sitting here holding her hand, watching the Royals, and thinking about the things that she's endured in her life.  And she's weathered every storm with grace.  She's an amazing role model, and I'm one lucky lady.

So, maybe I'll just do some singing in the rain.


No comments: