Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anything you can do I can do better...

What is it with sibling rivalry? I mean, seriously. I am convinced it doesn't matter if it's boy-girl or at any age - they will do everything in their power to make their parents beg for birth control (or if you are like me, b/c isn't medically necessary, but you take it anyway for some odd reason).

Here's what I'm going through with my 6 yo son and 3 yo daughter these days...

I get out two identical cups...."Mine's bigger," he says.
I put two ice cubes in each cup..."I got more ice," she says.
I add equal amounts of juice..."I got more," he says.

SCREAMING ensues.

I get out pajamas..."I can get mine on faster," he says.
I say to go potty..."I'll use the closer bathroom and get done first," she says.
I say time for bed.."I'll get in first and get the first kiss," he says.

SCREAMING ensues.

I say to let the dog in..."I will do it," they say and sprint for the door.
I yell for them to stop running..."If I get hurt, I'll get the bigger ice pack," she says.
I tell them to go sit in their rooms..."I'll get there first," he says.

SCREAMING ensues.

FOR.THE.LOVE.

I hide in the bathroom, hoping the children won't notice. "I made her crazy!" she says. "Yep, you did," he replies. Well, at least they agree on that.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

We are sooo there right now.