These aren't actually quotes from today, but they were too good not to pass on - and I didn't really have anything else to talk about today.
From our son:
Setting the scene: My 6 yo son came up to a nice lady at church named Mary.
"Hi Mary," he said sweetly.
"Hi sweetie," she replied.
"So, where's your lamb?" he quipped.
She stood quietly for a moment, comprehending the remark.
Strict and straight faced, with no hint of sarcasm or hilarity, he said, "You know...'Mary had a little lamb?' I don't see the lamb. Have you lost her?"
After she gathered herself from laughing her head off, she said, "You're a one and only, kiddo!" and hugged him. That's my boy.
From our daughter
Setting the scene: I was talking about something I'd seen at school while teaching.
My 3 yo daughter, listening, says, "Mommy, is that a real story or were you imaginationing it?"
Sometime later, she threw an entire deck of cards up in the air and they flew all over the dining room.
"What in the WORLD are you doing?" I said in disbelief (why I was in disbelief I'm not sure, she is 3 after all, and red-headed).
"I want you to play 52-card pick up!" she said. Little stinker.
No comments:
Post a Comment