I have a lot on my plate and need to seriously seek the insight of a licensed therapist. But with the lack of such said person in my life, I turn to you, my dear blogger friends. Even though we don't "talk" daily - I know you are there - praying for me, pulling for me, laughing and crying with me. So here is the latest, delivered just as it would be on the phone (that makes it more fun, doesn't it?)
"Hi! Gosh, it's been too long. What's going on with you?"
"Well...
* My grandma was ambulanced to the ER yesterday after my mother found her unconscious on her kitchen floor. This is the 4th time in 2 months this has happened. I was with her today when her doctor came in - possibilities include brain cancer, strokes, cardiac arythmia and seizures. They now start eliminating to try to nail it down. She's beside herself. So am I.
* Tomorrow I have to take my mom in for her 3rd colonoscopy this month. Blood is NOT a good thing to see given her history. I am absolutely weary of her medical needs - I know that she is too and it makes my heart ache.
* I broke my super-woman mentality and asked my sister if she would take tomorrow off so we can share parental duty - our dad has to be taken to and from chemo (during the time I have mom at the hospital). She willingly accepted despite her mailbox catastrophe (holy cow).
* The kids are good. My son is too big for his pants!! This is a VERY good thing, people. He is thrilled beyond words that he actually wears a size bigger than his age and that he's heavier than his sister!
* I rocked my daughter to sleep tonight, on the day after she turned three. We were just reading books and there she went into dreamland. It was awesome.
* I taught at our high school the last two days and encountered a teacher of English Lit/Journalism. When I told him those were my fields of expertise, he said "Great, you should take over for me. It's not my field. I just needed a teaching job." Gulp...seriously??
* The yard people arrived unexpectedly this morning and dumped in 25 tons of topsoil. Tomorrow my grass will be planted. YAY! Do you have $1200 I can borrow?
* I haven't brought home a paycheck since May 31. My husband is starting to sweat a little. He is trying so hard to be patient for Oct.25 (my first FULL subbing check), but I see the frown lines on his face. But given all that is going on in the family, I guess it doesn't even concern me like it should. Everything that has a dollar sign attached to it really pales in importance to all of that. We'll be fine...I hope.
* I cried last night looking at my son's weekly work from school. His drawings, written stories, math worksheets and spelling tests brought tears to my eyes. I cannot believe how fast he is growing up. I am so proud of him and all that he endures, all with a smile on his face.
* I am so very tired. And 4:30am will come pretty quickly. God bless tylenol pm. Sorry for rambling. I hope everyone in your world is ok. I want to hear about it all, I promise, but it's late now, so I'll just wish you good night!"
No comments:
Post a Comment