It’s no secret that my children have more medical issues than most other children, especially my little boy. I was going to stay away from dwelling on it in my blog and take on a lighter topic today, but my best friend told me that if I listed ways to stay sane with sick kids, she might learn something from it! So here goes, no particular order:
- Amazing doctors – I have nothing but trust and faith in our doctor. He cares about our kids, about us, our sanity and emotional health and goes out of his way to take care of us – including late night phone ins and house calls.
- House cleaning – when I’m home with my sickies, my nervous energy makes me a merry maid – I clean until there’s nothing left to clean. A spotless house is a great side effect of sick days.
- Sinfully delicious wine or chocolate – especially since it’s forbidden on my diet.
- Cuddling with my hubby in our pj's after the kids are slumbering peacefully.
- The travel channel in HD – escaping the moment and thinking of an enchanted vacation is heaven.
- Speaking of heaven, the Bible is a no-fail way to revive my spirit.
- Knowledge – doing research, especially through reading – so that I’m as informed as possible gives me peace somehow.
- A meal with friends – talking about anything with them makes life better.
- Baking cookies with the kids – this doesn’t need much explanation. It’s our favorite thing to do.
- Locking myself in the bathroom, taking a hot shower and dreaming of moving FAR away and riding a horse through a grassy meadow at sunset with my husband and kids gleefully playing on the wrap-around porch.
So there you have it - I hope I helped! I pray the Lord keeps all of your kids healthy so you don't have to test any of these methods, but if you do, I'm with you every step of the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment