Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pet Peeves, cont.

It is international pet peeves week – the perfect platform for me to sound off some more! Here are some things that are making me grind my teeth and bite my tongue lately:

  • “Press one for English.”
  • People who can’t count figure change. The people at Sonic are especially irritating. If it’s $4.58 and you give them $5.08, they say “How much do I owe you?” And they are serious! But even more irritating than not being able to figure change is not being able to count it back. It’s not a hard concept – learn it.
  • Checkers at the grocery store who say “did you find everything ok?” And then when you say “no, actually I was looking for cookies and cream pudding” they say nothing. I want them to do something about it – ask a manager, see if they are out, if they will ever have it, etc. It’s called customer service, people!
  • Being blamed for someone else’s stupidity. I was dropping my son off at school and as I got out, a lady speeding in a Durango about took off my car door. She freaked and threw her hands over her mouth and nearly had a heart attack. Then she rolled down her window and said “You’re not supposed to park there, b*&%h.” Then she pulled forward and parked in a tow-away zone (I was parked in a legal space). I was hoping she’d confront me so I could tell her what I thought. Fortunately for her, she didn’t.
  • People who inch, inch, inch into the intersection anticipating the light change so they can be 4 inches ahead of me when it turns green.
  • Being glared at when one of my children speaks above a whisper in church. My children have the right to worship, too. Leave me alone. If they get too loud, I’ll deal with them. But at 2 and 5, you can’t expect them to have earned their wings already.

I really am working on my patience, but there are some things that will just always ruffle my feathers. It's very therapeutic to talk about them. Thanks again for listening!

No comments: