I spent yesterday morning at the hospital and doctor's office with my 5 year old son having him shot up with steroids for a systemic immune reaction to having blood taken the day before. The poor child can't catch a break.
Monday afternoon,after his blood-draw at the doctor's office, he immediately broke into a horrible rash. It worsened through the night despite antihistamines and cool rags. By the time we got to the doctor's office yesterday, his eyes, hands and feet were swollen and welts and bruises covered 90% of his body.
Upon reviewing 5 years of charts and discussing his history, our doctor is now going down a new avenue - how to take care of a child who is possibly allergic to the NEEDLES that we have to use to draw blood to determine if he needs MORE SHOTS for his immune deficiency. How's that for fair?
You know what my son had to say about it all? "I liked spending the day at home with you mommy. Can we do it again sometime?"
I cried myself to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment