Do not rearrange your bedroom furniture right before bed.
Last night we rearranged our bedroom. My mother-in-law (who hasn’t moved a piece of furniture in her house for 25 years) thinks I’m a wacko because I like to rearrange my furniture. It’s not uncommon for us to rearrange a room every couple of months or so, just to change things up and get a fresh perspective (and allow for different wear paths in the carpet).
So yesterday I got the hankering to change up the bedroom. So my 5 year old, 2 year old and I moved everything into the hall way and started fresh. First the bed. Then the nightstands, the dresser, and then the accessories. Ah, it was beautiful. My kids thought it was the greatest thrill to assist me with this task (daddy was at work).
All was kosher until bedtime. We usually go to bed watching tv, and last night was game 4 of the World Series and the Sox were ahead by 1. I drifted off sooner than my husband, and as is typical, he was controlling the remote. After the Sox won (YAY!), he drifted off and at some point, I grabbed the remote and took off his glasses. Still asleep, I reached over to set them on the side table. They fell to the floor. Oops, no table there. So I got up to retrieve them and smacked my head on the window sill. How did that get there? I climbed back into bed. All night long this strange light bothered me. What was it? The window – it used to be behind our heads. Now it was at my side. When the alarm went off, my husband got up to turn it off and ran his face into the dresser. When it was my turn to get up, I ran into the bathroom door thinking it was where the light was – nope, it was 90 degrees to the left.
So if you get the bright idea to rearrange a room, do it early in the day. And especially with a bedroom – it could be a very dangerous move otherwise. If the vertigo continues, the room will have to go back to its original state; otherwise people might start wondering where the bruises are coming from.
No comments:
Post a Comment