Friday, June 27, 2008

On Top of the World

Earlier this week, we took a day trip to Coronado Heights with our friends Brad and Johni and their kids. Growing up, Coronado Heights was a monthly excursion for my husband and his family, whereas I only went a few times. But it was something that we both wanted our children to experience.

Our daughter's reaction was typical for her. "Ugh, I'm getting sand in my shoes. There are bugs! It's HOT! Where is the potty?" And then after peeing in the grass, "Can we go to the mall now?"

Our son reacted differently than we thought he would. At the top of the castle, he looked out at the sweeping views of the prairie and said, "I can see the whole world. It's so AWESOME!"

He talked about the way the fields and grass made a quilt of colors, how the trees were all different colors of green. He could see water that looked like a snake. He was mesmerized.

Here are a few photos of our trip, which was followed by a couple of hours of swimming (which they all loved!).

Brad and Johni's two on the left; our two on the right.

I think we have a future mountain climber on our hands!

He's not quite as adventurous, but he can pose like no other.

No comments: