Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Spoonful of Sugar...

Mary Poppins was delightfully mistaken. A spoonful of sugar does NOT help the medicine go down. I should know. This is the arsenal of medication that my 5 year old and 2 year old take every day.

My son has been taking pills, sprays and puffs since birth. His poor little sister is new to the medicine world, but is adapting surprisingly well. She thinks she's a brave, big girl now that she takes meds with her brother. She saw an allergist yesterday. No allergies to speak of - but sinus issues and enlarged adenoids (which will not be removed unless we're threatened at gunpoint).

Between these adorable, needy little children and my own mother, I've turned into a nurse. I even bought some scrubs to keep my sense of humor about it. I'm sure my husband would have preferred the little white nurse uniform...but I have to leave something to the imagination, you know?!