2. I have been TOTALLY sleep deprived for the last 10 years. I have been going to bed at 10 and sleeping until 7 - approximately 3 hours more than I slept a night when I was working.
3. It's so much more bearable to be with my mother in the hospital when I don't have to drive back to my own town. I can run home and eat, shower, sleep, whatever.
4. My children have things to do and people to see. They have rarely been home in the last few weeks. They are always with a grandparent or aunt/uncle. It may not even be for long periods of time...but even 2 hours does them good to have a break from home.
5. I never used to sit on my porch and just enjoy being outside. That has changed. Every evening and/or morning, I spend time on my porch swing. Check out the view...
6. My children having their own rooms is a undescribable joy...for them and for the grownups!
7. If at first there is nothing in your refrigerator, raid your little brother or parents' fridge down the street. No need for them to be home...we have keys!
8. There is WAY more tempation to snarf down calories (err..points) when there are a bazillion places to eat out. It takes WAY more self control than I thought it would. But I'm succeeding!
9. Dream big. I have such aspirations for this house that I never dreamed I would when we bought it. At first I thought I was settling. I realize now what a gift was presented to us. Sure it's going to be a lot of work...but the payoff will be so worth it.
10. There is enormous fulfillment in hearing a summer thunderstorm at 5am and knowing I can just keep on sleeping and enjoy it!
Perhaps the excitement will wane. But right now, there are smiles abounding!! :)