Tonight we had "Carols and Cocoa" at our church. Between that and the Phil Vassar concert, I'm finally really feeling "Christmasy!" I've been thinking about Christmas wishes lately, rather than Christmas memories. Since I haven't done a "10 things" lately, here are 10 Christmas wishes:
I wish...
1. That no one in my family is sick or in the hospital during the holidays.
2. That each and every family gathering, that my children will be HAPPY!
3. My sister and parents can bury hurt and bitter feelings and show their true love for each other.
4. Everyone loves the gifts that are exchanged and doesn't complain that it isn't the right size, color, model, etc (adults included).
5. That EVERYONE in our family would make time for Christ in their busy schedules - He is after all, the reason for the season.
6. That my nephew could be with us instead of in Iraq. But since that wish won't come true, I wish that he has a happy Christmas with his comrades.
7. That we would have a safe, non-slick, white Christmas.
8. That my family would remember that I live the Weight Watchers lifestyle...and am allergic to nuts and plan meals somewhat accordingly!
9. My cousin's fiance, Aaron, could be with us for our gathering...he has to work.
10. Everyone far and wide will remember that Christmas is more than gifts, candy, food, travel and shopping - it is a celebration of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment