Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dream Big

This has been quite the year for us. I'm sure when we look back on it someday, it will be referred to as the "transition year" or the "year of change" or maybe a "pre-mid-life crisis." Lots of things happened this year. Here's a look back at the 10 biggies of 2008 and a look ahead at my big dreams for 2009.

10. My horrible, awful, nightmarish surgery that forever changed the way I view "routine procedure" started my year off with a bang. I will never be the same.

9. Our house sold quicker than we ever anticipated (and history had proven it could) - and we came back home.

8. We moved into a house that we love, but needs W.O.R.K. Yet we don't regret it a bit.

7. I spent the summer at home with my kids and loved every moment.

6. Our bank accounts did NOT love every moment...we're still wondering how we didn't lose it all (material possessions and our minds/marriage).

5. My mom and grandmother both endured health sagas that sealed the deal in terms of us moving home. The 2 minute drive to the ER was a piece of my heart saved.

4. I got the experience of a lifetime subbing - it's a piece of me that hadn't been fulfilled. And I'm lucky to still have the chance once in a while, in addition to...

3. An amazing new job that I love. I love the work, the atmosphere, the people, the mission, the way they treat my family. It was meant for me.

2. My friends lost their dear, sweet baby girl and within weeks found out the Lord was blessing them with a new child to love. That baby is due today - what a way to start their new year.

1. My husband's grandmother passed away - how lucky we were to have had the year to have spent with her just down the street. Our daughter especially will remember that fondly forever.

And I have some big dreams for 2009.

10. I hope to have the exterior of my house/garage painted ASAP! And also my master bath and front room...a little updating and TLC is calling.

9. My nephew, Blake, will come home from Iraq in April. If he can't get all the way here, we want to take a trip to Colorado as soon as possible to welcome him with a HUGE hug.

8. NO SURGERY unless absolutely necessary. I do NEED surgery...but I would ideally wait until this time next year...so that I have a year under my belt at work. I pray my body will cooperate.
7. 30 consecutive days without one of my children being ill, seeing a doctor or needing an antibiotic.

6. 3 consecutive months without my mother or grandmother being hospitalized and my dad's cancer to stay in remission.

5. No deaths of anyone I love.

4. To maintain my Weight Watchers lifestyle - and maybe even take off 5 more pounds to cushion those occassional late night coca-cola and m&m raids!

3. Spend more time with my sister, cousins and friends - pamper the girl in me.

2. Spend more time with my amazing husband who treats me like a queen. That requires that #7 cooperate...

1. Strengthen and deepen my relationship with the Lord - including finding a church home that I love.

Here's to 2009. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: