Today, my husband and I celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary. Tomorrow, we'll celebrate with a private dinner at a quaint little restaurant and a fabulous concert. But today, I am at work, he's home with the kids and it doesn't feel all that different than any other day.
But then, I am reminded that "normal" is good - it's what makes me feel safe, warm and loved in the craziness of the hustle, bustle life around us. That's why we chose "The Gift" for our wedding song - and still love it today. Here are the beautiful lyrics:
Winter snow is falling down, children laughing all around
Lights are turning on, like a fairy tale come true.
Sitting by the fire we've made, you're the answer when I prayed
I would find someone, and baby I found you.
All I want is to hold you forever,
All I need is you more every day.
You saved my heart from being broken apart
You gave your love away and I'm thankful every day
For The Gift.
Watching as you softly sleep - what I'd give if I could keep
Just this moment - if only time stood still
But the colors fade away and years will make us gray,
But baby in my eyes, you'll still be beautiful.
All I want is to hold you forever,
All I need is you more every day.
You saved my heart from being broken apart
You gave your love away and I'm thankful every day
For The Gift.
I do thank God every day for the precious gift of my husband and my amazing children. For nine wonderful years, I've cherised the amazing gift of unconditional love.
If you want to see/listen to the song, go to: http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--2161285
1 comment:
happy anniversary!!!
Post a Comment