Tuesday, December 30, 2008

That's a Wrap

I haven't been posting much lately because I've been side tracked by Facebook! I joined simply so I could keep in touch with my nephew in Iraq, but then I started getting befriended by long-lost pals and it's been addictive!

In the meantime, Christmas has come and gone. And while I haven't been on here religiously, I have kept a mental note of things that I wanted to report.

To begin with, some of stinkin' cute things my kids have said :
*At the doctor on Dec. 22 - the doctor asked my son what he wanted for Christmas. My son looked at me and replied, "Anything that I get I will be happy with and say thank you for. And even if I don't get anything, I'll be happy with what I have." So, the speech worked!

*My daughter asked if Jesus would be coming to our house to eat his birthday cake. I told her it was too far for him to come. She said, "Well, Grandma is there. So can we fly there and see her for Christmas?" I told her we couldn't do that. "Well, if it's too expensive to fly, can we just rent a car?"

*Christmas afternoon, my kids were playing with their new things. Our daughter said, "When is Santa coming?" We told her he came last night. "Huh-uh. Daddy bought me that TV at a store!" Yeah, 3 years old and she's already a doubter.

Favorite Gifts:
*Our daughter got a tv - a pink princess one for her room. She's been asleep in bed every night since without a fight in less than 10 minutes.

*Our son got a Nintendo DS. Then he got another one when his cousin accidently dropped and broke his. Two DS's in 2 days has to be a record.

*A red headed cabbage patch doll for my little redhead.

*An i-pod shuffle under the tree for me. And a Nano in my stocking from Santa. (?!) I couldn't say a thing in front of my kids - I just had to go with it.

*Santa, it turns out, put an i-pod Touch in my hubby's stocking. Santa did NOT consult with Mrs. Claus before these gifts were decided!

*A hula hoop for my son - you haven't experienced true side-splitting laughter until you've seen him hula!

*KU stuff!

*JAMMIES!

And other reasons to smile:
*Our first Christmas at my aunt and uncle's house.
*SNOW!
*A friend got engaged Christmas Eve.
*No one was in the hospital!
*Santa used our chimey - and we used our fireplace for stories, marshmallows and (well, use your imagination).

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas. And that's a wrap!

No comments: