I have needed more sick days than I have available to me this week. What I thought was a cold ended up a sinus and ear infection and I ended up miserable. The doctor wrote me prescriptions and sent me to bed. Instead, I headed back to work.
You find a lot out about yourself when you are sick. You discover that no one likes it when you sleep. Dinner gets made by other family members –it’s nothing you would ever dream of serving them, yet somehow you don’t really care. Your value is revealed when the house is a total disaster, laundry and dishes are piled high and no one can locate anything – yes, dear, this is what I do on a daily basis on top of working a full time job!
Last night I headed to the bed for a quick nap after dinner (ok, I must REALLY be feeling bad). My husband and kids headed to do a few errands. When they got back, I pretended to still be asleep, but after my daughter fell down the stairs, my son had a meltdown over the potty-bath routine and my husband’s voice started getting louder and more impatient, I arose from my slumber to assist. Although I didn’t do all that much, somehow my presence mattered and the planets realigned.
Last night, my husband finally escaped to a movie. He did a great job the last few days and I appreciate him very much. It’s not often mommy gets sick – there’s a reason for that. It sure is nice to realize your worth – even it if takes being miserable for it to surface!
You find a lot out about yourself when you are sick. You discover that no one likes it when you sleep. Dinner gets made by other family members –it’s nothing you would ever dream of serving them, yet somehow you don’t really care. Your value is revealed when the house is a total disaster, laundry and dishes are piled high and no one can locate anything – yes, dear, this is what I do on a daily basis on top of working a full time job!
Last night I headed to the bed for a quick nap after dinner (ok, I must REALLY be feeling bad). My husband and kids headed to do a few errands. When they got back, I pretended to still be asleep, but after my daughter fell down the stairs, my son had a meltdown over the potty-bath routine and my husband’s voice started getting louder and more impatient, I arose from my slumber to assist. Although I didn’t do all that much, somehow my presence mattered and the planets realigned.
Last night, my husband finally escaped to a movie. He did a great job the last few days and I appreciate him very much. It’s not often mommy gets sick – there’s a reason for that. It sure is nice to realize your worth – even it if takes being miserable for it to surface!
No comments:
Post a Comment