Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wedding Bells and Prozac

The big event was this weekend – my husband’s baby brother married a darling young lady and our family grew again. Everything went pretty smoothly. There were of course some glitches, mainly at the expense (emotionally and literally) of my mother in law, whose dependence on Prozac is already scary without adding the stress of a wedding to it.

Our little darlings were stars of the show, and I couldn’t stop looking at my dashing husband. Our son was the ring bearer, dressed to the nines in a tuxedo, shiny shoes and a smile. He had the entire family laughing all weekend, which was definitely needed. My daughter, on the other hand, could have been a little more helpful. If there was a camera in sight, she was crying. If no one was looking, she smiled and said “cheese!” I needed some Prozac of my own after chasing her, getting her dressed and redressed and having her hair done and redone and redone and redone. She also didn’t walk down the aisle and drop flowers – I instead carried her. But that was ok, and the bride assured me her day wasn’t ruined.
This is my son and his new friend, whom he became close to surprisingly quickly!

And my daughter showing off her twirly gown.

It was a wonderful weekend. But I hope we don’t have another like it for a LONG time. Otherwise the family is going to need A LOT more Prozac!

No comments: