Monday, December 3, 2007

Blurbs from the Burbs

Here are a few things that were said this weekend at our house that sparked conversation, laughs and tears!

From my son:

(During a fit of rage) “I only cry because you make me cry. If you just give me what I want, I won’t cry. So see, it’s your fault.”

(While Christmas shopping) “I can’t think what to get Grandma – she already has you for a kid, isn’t that enough?”

(After napping on our bed with his sister) “I don’t like sleeping with my sister. She’s always kicking me and doesn’t stay on her side. Daddy doesn’t do that to you!”

(Looking at our possible new house) “I don’t know if we can buy this house. This room isn’t big enough for daddy’s TV.”

(As I put a cami on this morning) “What about the thing with hooks that goes under your shirt to protect those things on your chest in case someone throws something at you?”

From my daughter:

(As my son was in a fit of rage) “Stop it NOW or I’ll whoop you with a spoon!”

(While hearing us threaten her brother’s behavior with the return of Christmas gifts) “I’m not crying. I’m being good. I’ll take his gifts, too. Okay? Okay.”

(While ordering at Red Lobster) “I’ll have the chicken. With fries. And ketchup. And a pickle. And a diet coke. You got all that?” (remember, she’s 2!)

(In the middle of the night) “It's getting me! The vacuum's getting me!”

From my husband:

(While discussing possible gifts for me) “I just don’t think it’s appropriate for our 5 year old son to buy you panties!” (I had said JAMMIES and he misunderstood.)

(While analyzing the Bears game) “They would have won; they just ran out of time.”

(Trying to figure out where to eat supper while I met up with a friend.) “Well, if I go to Hooters, I won’t want to watch the game.”

(While I was trying on a dress) “Wow. You used to be SO fat!”

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This is FUNNY! What great weekend moments!