In the fog of all the “STUFF” going on in our lives lately, I have managed to find humor in a few things (Yes, it's true!). Here are some of them:
I think it’s Funny that:
- My son’s favorite music is Bon Jovi. No Wiggles or Doodlebops for my little man. He’s Livin’ on a Prayer - but hey, at least he's not Wanted, Dead or Alive!
- My favorite new CD is the Eagles “Long Road out of Eden.” I think it’s funny for the same reason as the first one – my folks grew up with the Eagles, I grew up with Bon Jovi. For some reason, my family can't listen to music of their own generation!
- Expensive presents mean nothing to children. Our son has been busy playing with the $5 alarm clock and $2 toothbrush we got him while our daughter is perfectly content with the gift box that an ornament came in while her expensive baby dolls sit and stare into space.
- We are getting our third winter storm in as many weeks. It’s not really “funny” – it’s just ironic and totally typical – considering it’s the first year we’ve had this much snow AND our snow blower is on the fritz (it worked fine last year and it never snowed).
- I had to work this week. Everyone else I know is making smores!
- I burned marshmallows while melting them in the microwave. Who can do that?
- My husband thinks I’m over him not getting me any jewelry for Christmas or our anniversary.
- I STILL don’t have an ice scraper. I’m sitting here watching it snow out of my office window – I’ve been to the store at least 50 times since the last storm and for some reason, I still don’t have one. But I do have bottled water in case our electricity goes out again!
- My mom can’t get herself to physical therapy because it hurts her to drive, but she’s going to get a manicure today - in the snow. (This one is more angering than funny).
- I eat the same thing for breakfast every morning. I didn’t realize this until my kids pointed it out this morning. I must be really stuck in a rut (don’t fix it if it isn’t broken!).
Well, this either proves that I’m easily amused or really bored! Have a great weekend and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment