Have you ever heard that song “Grown Up Christmas List?” It’s one of my favorites because it shows that even grown-ups can have wishes and dreams and long for someone to grant them. Here are 10 Christmas wishes I have for the coming week:
- I wish for health. I would LOVE for my children, my parents, and all those we are gathering with (including myself) to stay healthy and not get ANY kind of sickness or ailment that would take away from our joy. It’s been too many years since this happened. I also wish health for my friend’s sick baby, for another friend and her son who came down with the stomach flu today, and all those ailing. It’s an expansive list
- I wish for peace. Whenever you put a lot of different personalities into a room, there always ends up being tension. My mom and my sister are my biggest worry this year. I wish they could see past their petty differences and find joy in each other’s company.
- I wish for smiles. My son has been through a lot this year, and getting a smile out of him has been a pretty tall order lately. I hope that he has a fantastic weekend, filled with joy, excitement and endless smiles.
- I wish for jewelry. Ok, that one is pretty materialistic – but I am still a girl!
- I wish for gratitude. Last year after all the presents were opened at our house, my then 4-year old son said “Is that all?” We’ve been working on this one – this year, he’d better say “Thank you for my presents.” And not only say it, but mean it. I wish this for everyone – that they truly appreciate the time, thought, money and hard work that go into making the holidays special.
- I wish for sweet dreams. This one is for my son mainly – he’s SO tired and his body is fighting so hard. He needs LOTS of sleep and sweet dreams this weekend. Nap time always gets disrupted in the hustle and bustle, which makes me (er, my daughter) really crabby.
- I wish for snow. Not a lot of snow – nothing that would halt travel. But just some nice, fluffy, one inch or less snow to coat the ground would be lovely. Who doesn't wish for a white Christmas (the forecast says there's an 80% chance, so this might come true!)
- I wish for safety. LOTS of friends and family get on the road and in the air, and too many things can go badly. I wish that everyone would get to their destinations and back home without any glitches.
- I wish for leftovers. We didn’t get a real Thanksgiving meal since my son was in the hospital. No meal means no leftovers. Who doesn’t crave a turkey sandwich? And turkey-noodle casserole (I wish my father in law would make it for me). Two wishes in that one.
- I wish for Christ. I wish we could all remember the reason for the season and not get so caught up in gifts and food and details that we forget. I hope that we all look within to find what we are truly thankful for on this holiday – our Lord and Savior’s birth. HE is the reason for the season.
I wish that you all would have a Very, Merry Christmas and that you will be richly blessed. I wish you knew how much I loved you all and how thankful I am for you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment