Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ramen Noodle Soup

My son has never seen a ramen noodle. This is not a staple in our household. But I got the hankering last night to make vegetable soup from a recipe that had ramen noodles as an ingredient. It turns out he’s got a pretty good understanding of the Noodle.

So there we are, throwing together the ingredients and I’m teaching my son the concept of “boiling.” It was his job to put in the ramen noodles when the pot reached a boil.

After watching the pot come to a boil (disregard the myth). He started breaking apart the noodles to put them in. “Wait, don’t break them, and just put in the block!” I said to him. “Are you sure, mommy? That’d be dumb. The picture shows little noodles.” I insisted, and he complied.

Each of us ended up with a bowl of soup with 12 inch long noodles in them. Have you ever tried teaching your 5 and 2 year olds to slurp up a foot long noodle? I suggest you avoid it.

My son gets to cook dinner tonight.

No comments: