Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a lot like...A War Zone

I take back my words from the end of my last entry - Mother Nature takes requests WAY too seriously. Here's a glimpse of our neighborhood following the latest batch of ice that fell from the sky, coating the ground, trees, power lines and making life miserable for all.

Ok, for some reason the pictures won't post. Let me tell you, they are scary. Tree limbs breaking from the weight of the ice caused snapped power lines, transformers exploded, cars were smashed and overturned, and power has been off for days. We were lucky and had to deal with no power for only 15 hours or so. Many of our friends and family are still without. I have no idea how they are still alive and/or not divorced. After 2 jigsaw puzzles and sitting in the bathroom with a candle helping my kids use the potty, I nearly had a meltdown. How did our ancestors do it?

In the midst of it all, my husband got the stomach flu, my mom was admitted to the hospital and we got bad news about our son's health. To sum it up, this week has really not been pleasant.

Ok, since my last request went so well - someone deliver some Christmas cheer to me - I'll be waiting!!

No comments: