Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Curse of Womanhood

I spent an hour on a doctors table today, watching the ultrasound screen. It's so surreal to do that when there is no child to look at in there...just "parts." The tech said that she was having a roller coaster day. The woman right before me found out looking at that same screen that she was carrying twins. Then I laid down and she was looking for abnormalities. "It's the curse of womanhood" she commented.


Funny how I'd never thought of it like that before. It was because of the blessing of my wonderful children that I'm now facing all of this pain. Kind of like how childbirth itself is the worse pain imaginable, yet you get this beautiful awesome child from it all. It's that whole "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" cliche.


There's no doubt that my children have made me stronger. And I certainly wouldn't trade the "curse" for anything. I think about what these poor parts endured for my amazing children, and I realize that being a woman is the greatest thing in the world.

No comments: