Monday, July 28, 2008

Romance Raincheck

We're on day 9 of shutdown. Yesterday, my husband came in early at about 3:30pm and crashed on the couch for an hour or so. As he laid there with his head on my lap and I stroked his hair, I realized just how much I missed him (IFYWIM).

When he woke up, I suggested we "catch up" on a very important issue. But there was a problem...both of our children were present and awake. It was only then that we realized that none of the rooms in our basement have doors, and the only room on our main floor with a lock is the master bathroom. NOTE TO SELF: buy and promptly install door locks!

Hmmm...what to do. We decided to try out the master bathroom, but within a few seconds it was obvious that we were crazy when our 2 YO came and started banging on the door, bawling. We laughed at our attempt, gave each other a raincheck, saved our daughter from her miserable lonliness and ordered pizza for dinner.

All evening, the anticipation built. Since he had to get up at 3:30am this morning, he went to bed at 9 while I put the kids to bed (which took another hour). He told me he'd be waiting for me. But when I got to the bedroom to cash in on my raincheck, he was sound asleep and I knew better than to disturb a sleeping lion.

Ok, ok, especially for our mothers this is probably just entirely too much information. But hey, we're married adults and not teenagers so you'll get over it. Sometimes a girls just gotta vent.

Rainchecks don't have an expiration date, right?

1 comment:

A Busy Mom's life said...

Funny, same thing happened to us yesterday.