Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Patience Avail Me

Today, I really truly hated my house. I've had brief moments of dispair in the months we've lived here that have been quickly turned around. But today, I nearly fell apart. Why? Because it rained. And I had to leave. And I had to come back with groceries...in the rain...and my garage is not attached. Yes, I'm a spoiled brat and yes, I knew there would be a moment when it would finally hit me that we made sacrifices for this way of life. Lord help me when it's snowing....or worse yet, ICING.

Then as I'm standing on the back porch, holding groceries, shielding my children from the "R-A-I-N!!!" (as if they are going to melt) and trying to get the door open, my 3 YO daughter says, "Ugh. When are we getting grass? The rain makes the dirt muddy." Thank you, darling. I'm aware. Later, she helpfully lets out our dog...in the muddy, rainy mess, then lets her back in (all without me knowing) and starts SCREAMING because Emma (the dog) ran under the bed before she could clean her ucky feet.

Someday, the yard will have beautiful grass, the door will have a remote that will open it when I get out of the car and I will have a covered patio so we don't all get wet. Until then...maybe I should buy an umbrella. And despite it all, yes, it's worth it. :)

1 comment:

Christi said...

One thing I'm NOT missing is the rain! Now getting sand everywhere is a different story...